I will use what I learned in this course over the next 30 days by . . .
getting my Ning up and running. I think I have a much better understanding of the power of online learning, and I feel more comfortable offering components of online learning in my face to face classes. My confidence in facilitating lessons has grown to the point that I know what I want to do with my classes this year.
I will use what I learned in over the next year by . . .
continuing to develop what I have learned in the course. Just like my knowledge has grown considerably from the start of my graduate work until now, my knowledge from the beginning of this course until now has shown considerable growth. I will continue to look for ways to involve online content in my current classes. I believe that in a years time my students will have a much more fulfilling experience because of the addition of online content that was developed in this course.
After completing this course I would like to learn more about . . .
what I would need to become an online teacher. My school has started an online program through Kaplan, but the plan is to have Bay Port teachers take a more active role in teaching some of the online offerings. I think the timing of this course works well with the implementation of the online course at Bay Port. I am not sure if I would be the right guy for the job, but this course has enlightened me as to the possibilities of teaching some online classes.
Hi Ryan - I would encourage you to put your name out there as someone who is interested in teaching online for your district.
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime, integrate what you have learned into your face to face class and share what you are doing with your colleagues.
For my part, I have enjoyed learning with you over the past several weeks and I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.
Greg Mahaffey