I am currently spitting mad. :) I have finished my synchronous lesson, and it didn't run quite as smoothly as I had planned. I went against my usual delivery style and spent significant time practicing my lesson. I usually spend my time preparing the material without running through the delivery. Be doing so, I am more flexible in dealing with issues that arise. For this lesson, I spent my time in a Vroom practicing the delivery of information, and I got an idea of how everything would run. When I delivered the lesson to the class, something happened that didn't occur during practice, and it really threw me off my game. I wasn't sure how to fix the problem, and it put my timing out of whack. My mind had a practiced idea of how things would happen, and I was somewhat bound to that plan. Although I am hoping the lesson wasn't as bad as it seemed to me, I am still disappointed in the delivery.
At the same time, I have to understand that it was my first lesson with the Elluminate tool. Now that I know that the issue that I encountered could happen, I will be a stronger presenter the next time around. I do like the tools that are available, and I can see how students would have a great experience in Elluminate. Teachers should also feel comfortable with the available tools, and the flexibility that Elluminate provides. In the back of my mind, the lesson further developed my interest in teaching some classes online in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment